Friday, September 16, 2016

Wine Time! ~ 2013 Local Flavor Pinot Noir

It's Friday night which means it's time for wine. Yay!

Today I (Allie) decided to give a pinot noir a shot. We're having salami and mushroom pizza, so I needed a red, but I wanted something on the lighter end of the spectrum. Thanks to my latest wine club order, I had a new Pinot Noir to try.





So let's get to it!

All right, I have mixed feelings on this wine. On first sip, I taste hints of wood and smoke. Just a touch mind you. It's actually rather silky in my mouth, light in flavor and rather pleasant.
Except it's almost too light.
I don't have the lingering taste of wine in my mouth.
In fact, after a moment or two, I can't even tell that I've had any wine. There's a vague taste of dry oakiness in my mouth but little else.

So this one is so-so for me. It might be nice for someone new to wine though, or someone who doesn't enjoy lingering flavors, but for my personal tastes I'm thinking this one is a letdown. Maybe I'll have different thoughts when I have it with my pizza later, but for just sipping I am less than impressed. Which is a shame, because when I actually drink it the flavor is nice.

Allie's Rating: 2 1/2 stars







No comments:

Post a Comment